Monday, March 16, 2009

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 1, Episode 1: "The Pants Tent"


Curb Your Enthusiasm
Season 1, Episode 1 “The Pants Tent”
Grade: 8.0

Wow I’m finally starting this show. Its’ been a long time coming. I am introducing Matt to Seinfeld which he has had ridiculously little exposure to and he is introducing me to “Curb” which he loves loves loves so much. I love watching Larry David but I would never in a million years want to meet him because he’s insane. I think many of the things he gets angry about are valid but he’s such an angry person that all he does is get angry about stuff. I could not watch a marathon of this show because I would get annoyed with him. But 1 or 2 episode chunks are a perfect dose of Larry David. I like everyone on the show; Larry, Cheryl and Jeff. Oh and Richard Lewis is hilarious. He kills me. I have not seen much of Suzie but Matt loves Suzie so I’m sure I will to. This is a really hard show to write about. I don’t know what to say. The episode was really funny. I always like on the show how all of the little plots come together and meet up in a really inconvenient way. Once you get the hang of the shows structure which is pretty easy to catch onto out of the 3 episodes I’ve seen, the special and experience with Seinfeld, you can predict at what points the other plots threads will come in. It’s predictable but always amusing but sometimes frustrating.

Loved the pants tent plot, the Richard Lewis plot, the Jeff’s parents hating Larry because he referred to his wife as Hitler plot. Every story in this episode was solid so I give it a high grade.

No comments: