Sunday, March 1, 2009

24: Season 7, Episode 9: 4:00-5:00pm


24
Season 7, Episode 8: "4:00-5:00pm"
Grade: B+/B

Its been a while since it aired but I'll just talk about what I can remember. I love the way we are seeing Jack from a different perspective; that of Renee's. She is making the audience think about just how heroic Jack is. I mean he's heroic to be sure but the way he he goes from 1-10 in like 2 seconds as opposed to using his tecniques as an absolute last resort as he used to should be looked at. Jack has become completely desensitized to what he does at this point and its a problem. He's not even connected to humanity anymore yet he tries so hard to protect it if he has to een when he does not want to. So I love what they are doing with Renee and Jack.

I thought that I was going to hate the stuff with Marika but I ended up becoming attached to the character and even though we've gone down this road many times before it was still interesting to watch.

Chloe in the FBI is great and finally in the process of her arriving there we got to see a familiar face...Morris!!!!! We also got to see another familiar face...

-AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE AARON!!!!!!!!!!!

-So Sean was the bad one. They were very clever the way the show went about this. They usually try to make us think it is someone and than pull the rug out from under us with someone else. But since long time viewers of the show know that is the way the show works they decided to actually make it the person they usually try to fake us out with. Clever clever. I always knew it was not Janeane Garofolo because I understood her character enough by this poing to be able to completely rationalize any actions of hers. She is a nosy person who thinks the world revolves around her. She genuinely thinks Chloe is there to replace her, she is jealous of her skills and she does not like her being there. She needs to know what is going on at all times; not because she is a mole but because that is the way she is.

-Henry Taylor has officially entered his own surgery corner.

-I wonder what role Olivia Taylor will have in the show. I do find her mildly interesting just because I love the Taylor family and I like the actress Sprague Grayden.

-Love Bill.

-Overall a solid episode that is continuing on this streak of episodes that are consistently impressing me even if their are still many familiar elements we have seen before, this cast of newbies and oldies and the stuff that is being addressed has really taken me by surprise in a good way.

No comments: