Friday, March 13, 2009

24 Season 7: "8:00pm - 9:00pm" Grade: A-


24 Season 7, Episode 13
"8:00pm - 9:00pm"
Grade: A-

24 is officially really really fucking good again. So much happened in this episode pushing toward the next section of the season but still not letting the audience know where they are going.

R.I.P Bill Buchanan.

It happened so quickly I had no idea how to even react. I was not expecting everything that happened in the credits to happen in the first 10 minutes. It's going to be weird not having Bill around anymore. I will miss him a lot. Bill has always been a character on 24 that I have loved. So that sucked. Jack crying made me cry. Ugh.

- Juma is dead. I did not expect that to happen so quickly. He had been given a lot of build up and then he just sort of died.

-Something I have noticed that was done this Season tha tI really liked was that usually we know the threat pretty soon and then we either have to find out who is behind it or we knwo who is behind it but we have to find out how to get to them. This season we know who is behind everything (Jon Voight) but we do not really know why or what the shipment is or what the threat is and it makes for more exciting television then if they had done it the way they usually do.

- I did not expect Renee to be suspended. I liked Moss but now he's just an asshole.

-Jack is on the run. Shocker. I am glad he called Moss though otherwise he would be a huge moron.

-Wow that Quentin guy is good. Holy shit. That guy knows what he is doing. We have not seen the last of him I suspect.

Ok so the big topic; Olivia and Ethan. Oh boy I think this will be a big deal in the upcoming episodes considering how long they put off this conversation on the episode. I feel really bad for Ethan who did try to geniunely propose an administrative position for Olivia. I can see why he is apprehensive; maybe because she's insane??? We saw the way President Taylor reacted when Ethan was apprehensive about Olivia being on the administration; not good. So Ethan has been put in an incredibly awkward position. And Olivia is crazy. So I am so interested to see how things turn out in this storyline to say the least.

No comments: