Wednesday, March 25, 2009

24: Season 7, Episode 15: "10:00-11:00pm"


24: Season 7, Episode 15: 10:00-11:00pm
Grade: 7.8

Really solid episode. Not as good as last week’s but it is still keeping up with that momentum. I did not expect Ethan to resign that early in the episode and I have actually decided that Ethan is the character that I am the most attached to at this point in the show. Obviously I am more attached to Jack but honestly right now I care more about Ethan than I do about Tony. Tony while I still love him just is not the same anymore. Ethan however has been nothing but a decent man and since I also know Bob Gunton from "Greg the Bunny" I am more inclined to side with anyone who appeared on that show. The scene with him and the President was my favorite of the episode and it was right in the beginning. They took the time to make us understand how deep their friendship goes and that they truly care for each other as people as well. I hope we see him soon because I don’t want to lose that character. And besides we don’t want President Taylor being left with...Olivia!!

God what an awful woman. Of course she leaked the story. Did anyone actually think she didn’t? Her conversation with Ethan was full of smugness as Ethan tried to give her some genuine advice while simultaneously seeing through her bullshit. I do not see how she can think blaming Ethan could actually be a good thing. And how is she going to cover herself once the story does leak? And since Moss basically believes Jack right now, it will not be long before they can prove that Jack is not to blame for the killings and since Jack will undoubtedly save the day it will be interesting to see how Olivia can handle dealing with the fact that Ethan made the right decision and that she has to cover her ass. We saw Henry again!!!!!! He is recovering (of course) and somehow someway these people do not realize they have an evil daughter and are actually excited to have her on the administration. Yeah...because that is going to go well.

No Janice or Chloe or Morris this week.

We saw some stuff with Hodges but honestly after a while I zoned out except for the part where I heard the line about being six and needing to eat carrots.

So Jack was exposed to the biochemical. Will anything actually come of this or is it just a one hour story to kill time? I feel like they are going somewhere with it otherwise it would not be in there randomly unless it was going to take a decent length of time to get the results like with Michelle circa Season 3. So because of this I am a little worried. I have a feeling he won’t have long to live. A couple of years at the most. This is my prediction. I think this episode marks the beginning of the end for Jack Bauer.

Jack and Tony working together again was fun. Although I do not understand why Tony did not have a scene when we deal with Bill being dead. Jack seems to be the only character who has had to deal with this death and it is ridiculous. I mean Tony is basically unemotional at this point so he would probably have an underwhelming reaction but Bill still deserves for the audience to see the characters finding out. How about when Tony was crouching down in the episode and Jack come up behind him to join him and he has a machine gun in his hand? Hilarious.

Tony has gotten cynical about life as we can see (as if we did not know that already), but we see that Jack may have something left in him leaning towards compassion for the individual. He risked everything for this guy and we see that Jack is still capable risking everything for one as opposed to sacrificing one in comparison with all. I hated how they handled that character though. I hate on "24" when they try to get us to care about someone in 30 seconds by giving them some sort of backstory. But I do not give a shit about the person. "I have a wife who is pregnant with twins!" And? Who cares? I hate those characters on this show.

Oh and there was a satisfying shootout in the episode as well. Always fun.

So anyways a really decent episode. Until next week!

No comments: