Monday, April 13, 2009

Parks and Recreation: Season 1, Episode 1

Parks and Recreation: Season 1, Episode 1
Grade: 6.0

It’s weird. There were a lot of jokes in the episode. A lot of funny things. It has a great great cast. I love Amy Poehler. But something about this show did not grab me. I’ll keep watching. I might as well. But it felt distant. The whole thing felt a little cold and a little too calculated. While there were a lot of funny jokes, a lot of them felt like recycled Office jokes. Added to this, I know that it is from the same creators, but everything just felt like a second hand version of The Office. In fact Leslie Knope is exactly like Michael Scott except she does not have the mean streak that he can have. So while it has a great cast and it was a funny pilot, this pilot just did not grab me the way I wanted, it could not completely hold my attention at all times, it just put me in the mood for The Office and it felt a bit distancing despite the great cast and the funny bits. The show has potential. I hope it can come into its own

No comments: