Monday, April 13, 2009

Extras: Season 2, Episode 1: "Orlando Bloom"

Extras: Season 2, Episode 1: Orlando Bloom
Grade: 8.3

I can tell you right now from this episode that I think I am going to like Season 2 better than Season 1. While I really really liked Season 1 a lot I absolutely love anything involving Andy’s show that he gets on the air so I am really excited to see how that develops. My favorite scene in the entire series so far was in this episode and it is when Andy is trying to direct a rehearsal for hi new show and one of the actors, Keith cannot act sad, not look at the camera and hit his mark all at the same time. It is freaking hilarious. I also loved the stuff involving Orlando Bloom and Maggie with him trying to convince her that he is extremely attractive while he is just not her type. Also Andy’s speech and the fallout of it show how stuck Andy is with the low brow aspect of his show. They also show how Andy’s show has no soul because of the sympathetic way Maggie looks at Andy during the taping of the show that shows that she knows that it’s not what Andy wanted. “Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?

No comments: