Thursday, November 20, 2008

"South Park": Season 12, Episode 14: "The Ungroundable"


South Park: Season 12, Episode 14: "The Ungroundable"
Grade: B

I don’t watch a lot of South Park. I really enjoy it when I see an episode and I’ve seen the movie but I have never taken the time to regularly watch the show. Matt and I watched this episode about a group of kids who pretend they are vampires and the Goths being upset because of others inability to distinguish the them from the vampire kids. Everything was spot on. The initiation of the vampire kids taking place in “Hot Topic” was hilarious. I also loved that in an effort be different again, the Goth kids dress in Gap clothes but instead of having a specific clique to be referred to, they are called by their physical traits. It’s a hilarious moment, my favorite of the episode and their reaction to it is to immediately go back to their Goth clothes so they can be referred to as the “Goth kids” as opposed to being referred to by their physical imperfections. I very much like Butters as well. The faux Goth music was especially entertaining. And the speech at the end that the Goth kids make about distinguishing them from the vampire kids was really funny. I don’t know how to judge a South Park episode. I just know that I was entertained and impressed by its keen perception of things.

No comments: