Thursday, November 20, 2008

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4, Episode 18: "Where the Wild Things Are"


Note: Sorry this picture conveys nothing about the episode and is misleading about the fact that this is NOT a Giles centric episode!!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "Where the Wild Things Are"
Grade: D+

I feel harsh giving this a D+ but I cannot deny that this was a below average “Buffy” episode. There were aspects I enjoyed such as the interaction of Spike and Anya, Anya and Xander’s conversation on the ice cream truck and Giles’ singing. However I thought the execution of several aspects of the episode were misguided such as the jungle stuff, the orgasm spot on the wall, the whole execution of the house being haunted was silly. I also just thought it had no real purpose. Buffy and Riley were not in much of the episode. Honestly I am just personally not in the mood to see Buffy and Riley going at it for an entire episode. It’s not what I need in my life right now. And Anya getting upset with Xander and assuming they were breaking up because they hadn’t had sex in 2 nights was just not a plot I was in a mood to deal with. So maybe it’s just the concept of the episode hitting too close to home but I just did not care for this episode. However again I did think that the Spike/Anya interaction was very interesting and entertaining. The scene when she brings him to the party and realizes why the Initiative people look familiar was particularly enjoyable. The girls’ reaction to Giles singing and Xanders’ response to their reaction was another highlight.

No comments: