Monday, November 10, 2008

Entourage: Season 5, Episode 10: "Seth Green Day"


Grade: B-


After last week's fantastic flawless episode, I knew it would be hard to live up to the greatness that was last week. If every episode of Entourage was as good as last week's I would be saying very different things about this show. While it lived upto the expectations in some aspects and was overall a good episode, it has introduced a couple of potential subplots will severely disappoint me if they continue.

I wish this whole season could be the making of "Smokejumpers". Vince having to deal with a director whose intentions are unclear is making him question how he functions as an actor and whether or not he can trust a director that he is so unsure of. I do not know what this director's deal is. I like that they are sort of stereotyping the whole European director with strange filming methods and an overprotectiveness over the vision of their film schtick. Not because I am against it at all, but where else are you going to see an interpretation of these directors? I feel for Vince and I want him to dive into acting and to benefit from this experience but I have a feeling this is just going to get worse. Vince's acting career has always been the most interesting aspect of the show for me. Nothing else will ever come close in being more interesting.

I really enjoyed the scene between Ari and his kids at the beginning of the episode and generally enjoyed his story. I am quite interested in the subplot involving Ari and Andrew. I like to see Ari taking a chance on someone and wanting to do good. It will be interesting to see if this pays off. His speech to the Women's Convention sort of disgusted me. Actually it completely disgusted me. It was Ari's big speech of the episode and it is intended for laughs but it was a speech ripe with misogynism and disgust for women intruding on the buisness world of men and frankly I was a bit sickened by it. I know it is supposed to be funny. But since I am going through the stage of my life when I realize how truly this is a men's world, I have a hard time watching something like that. I know I am overreacting but at a time like this something like that makes me implode. I know what you are saying: why do I watch this show? I know, it's the absolute worst show to watch for a women who is against many of the things on the show. But the aspects of the show I am interested in are enough to keep me watching.

Drama and Turtle did nothing this week. Drama is just annoying now. Nothing they can do will get me to like him. It's not so much the change in him, although that is a big part of it. The character has just worn on me. Turtle, even though he pisses me off a lot is someone I actually like more than Drama now. I like his line delivery and I like the fact that he calls Drama out on his ridiculousness all the time. The annoyance with which he calls Drama out is the same annoyance I have and thus I am allied with Turtle against the annoyance that is Drama.

Eric's subplot is where I had this week's problem. If they get him back together with Sloane I will jump off a building. That relationship was the saddest saddest saddest attempt by anyone to write a relationship. These writers do not know how to write women, they obviously do not think it is very important because it was never evident that Eric's relationship problems impacted him all that much. And he's the character that's supposed get the most emotionally connected to women! It's a joke! And I love Eric when he is doing anything else except being with Sloane. Please do not do this Entourage! As far as the rest of E's subplot goes, the Seth Green stuff, although I like him very much, seemed like a waste of time. It was entertaining but it was the least appealing part of the episode which is sad considering the title of the episode.

Favorite Moments:

Vince watching the dailies with the director.

Ari imitating Barbara after she walks out.

And there is my first TV Episode Review on my TV Blog!! Overall very strong in a couple of aspects while upsetting me in a few and making me dread the possible return of a subplot that I thought was dead.

I will grade the episode based on the seperate plots and then as a whole.

Vince and "Smokejumpers": A-

Ari and Andrew: B

Seth Green and Eric: C-

No comments: