Friday, May 15, 2009

The Office: Season 5, Episode 23: "Broke"


The Office:
Season 5, Episode 23: “Broke”
Grade: 8.3

This episode marks the end of the Michael Scott Paper Company. I was very very sad to see it go because I truly love what the new dynamic brought to the show. We got to see many moments of Michael being smart and actually being in possession of business skills. We got Pam being really likable and being a saleswoman. We saw Jim and Charles. It was just fantastic. All of that came to an end this episode.

Great episode. Poor Pam, Michael and Ryan were delivering paper at 5 in the morning with milk and sugar being what Michael drinks in the morning. We again got to see Michael in the dominant position as he successfully hid the fact that the company was broke and he negotiated a successful deal with Wallace. It was great to see the look on his face when he gets the offer. I absolutely love when Michael is in control and confidant. They are my favorite moments with him and this episode shows him keeping it together. We learned that Ryan never went to Thailand. Pam was promoted to sales at Dunder Mifflin which makes me so happy because I just did not want to see her at that desk anymore and even though things are pretty much the same now at Dunder Mifflin it will be nice to see a little bit of a change with Dwight, Jim and Pam sitting at the desks together. Charles made himself look like an asshole as he realized that Dwight is a moron and since he chose him as his assistant, he looks like an idiot in seeing any sort of potential in Dwight.

- Michael: And you have to give Ryan a job here.
David Wallace: No, Ryan lost this company millions of dollars.
Michael: I don't care if Ryan murdered his whole family; he is like a son to me

- Michael: Did I ever tell you about the day Steve Martin died?
Pam: But Steve Martin's not dead.
Michael: No, he isn't, but I always imagined that it would be the worst day of my life, but today actually is.

- Michael: Well, well, well... how the turntables.
- Michael Scott: Our company is worth nothing. That's the difference between you and I. Business isn't about money to me, David. If tomorrow my company goes under I will just start another paper company. And then another and another and another. I have no shortage of company names.

- Michael Scott: Hellooo! Time to make the donuts! Oh Halpert! Wow! Boner patrol. Arrest that man! Your donuts make me go nuts!

- Andy: Hey Boss, uh, I just wanted to point out that I have been here, less time, than these guys.
Charles Miner: Why are you telling me this.
Andy: I just think the bar should be lower for a newbie.
Charles Miner: Is this something you really want to have said?
Andy: I don't want to have said that. But I think it's important that you know it.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Nice Blog about this amazing show. Wanna watch all episodes of this show? if yes then go ahead and get it now. The office Download with all episodes. This site also offers free stuff...

marria said...

Hey thanks serena for this link. I found this blog while searching The Office tv show.