Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My So-Called Life: Season 1, Episode 7: "Why Jordan Can't Read"


Season 1, Episode 7: “Why Jordan Can’t Read”
Grade: 8.6

I hate that I cannot remember a ton about this one. I fell in love with the beginning with everyone in the museum. I don’ hate Jordan anymore. I still don’t really care for him I find that I enjoy his presence because it is fun to make fun of him. I figured the song was not written about Angela and I am excited to see if Angela finds out about that. The scenes with Jordan when Angela goes to his band (the hilariously named Frozen Embryos) are so delightfully awkward and true. I love how Angela takes the fact that she knows about Jordan’s reading problem to mean that they have a special connection. Its true but the essence she builds around it in her head was pitch-perfect. I wish I remembered more about this episode. Again, its’ been a while. Patty and Graham deal with the fact that Patty might be pregnant again. I freaking love Patty and Graham. I’ve fallen in love with the both of them. They are the coolest people of all time. Angela deals with a lack of enthusiasm and awkwardness with Jordan and I love how he tries to show interest but he can’t show too much and I love how she tries not to be awkward about things but fails miserably. Wow. Jordan ditches on the first date. Angela looks stunning and Brian and Angela have a scene where they flip on each other which is an awesome scene. Brian is so ridiculously awkward; he speaks his mind too much, butts in on stuff that is not his business and yet I feel bad for him because well he’s so awesome and nobody can see the awesomeness of Brian Krakow. I’m only half kidding on that by the way. So yeah, Jordan does not show because he does not want to meet the parents yet. I sort of understand but seriously that was way harsh of him. I love love love love love the last scene with Brian and Angela playing catch. There are so many groups of two whose interactions I absolutely relish and eat up; Angela and Brian, Brian and Ricky, Brian and Sharon, Sharon and Rayanne, Sharon and Angela and more. Oh and we get to see in this episode that Danielle is a sketchy creepy annoying little girl who wants saxophone lessons from Brian.

Quotes:
Angela: Love is when you look into someone's eyes and suddenly you go all the way inside, to their soul, and you both know instantly. I always imagined I'd fall in love nursing a blind soldier who was wounded in battle. Or maybe while rescuing someone in the middle of a blizzard, seconds before the avalanche hits. I thought at least by the age of fifteen I'd have a love life. But I don't even have a like life.

No comments: