Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gossip Girl: Season 2, Episode 12: "It's a Wonderful Lie"


Gossip Girl: Season 2, Episode 12: "It's a Wonderful Lie"
Grade: B+

Hello all. Well as I’ve known and I’m sure many people have that cannot avoid spoilers tonight is the night that Bart dies.
The idea of the Snowflake Ball is putting me in the mood for Christmas! Will Jenny begin making custom clothes for people who are willing to pay a lot for it? Bart’s eyes creep me out. Vanessa is an idiot. I understand why she did what she did however Nate is only with her because Jenny didn’t respond to his letters…because she took them!! She could at least say that Jenny somehow never got the letters without giving herself away and be somewhat truthful and see what happens but she won’t even do that!

I started out hating Lilly at the start of the show but I’ve grown to like her. I still hate Aaron. Serena bringing Dan to Aaron’s loft is really forced. She would never do that and it was a clear plot dvice to get Dan to meet Lexie.

Aww Bart’s last meeting with Chuck is sort of a downer. Ugh I hate Aaron’s stupid face. I hope Chuck gets Deroda. That would be pretty amusing. The best scene so far was the one between Blair and Deroda looking for the perfect date for Chuck. Too funny. They need to get Serena a decent plotline because she has become pretty boring.

So Lilly decided to leave Bart before his death. Ohhh. This will seriously hinder things between Lilly and Rufus.

Oh shit Vanessa, Nate and Jenny. Goodness gracious me. Vanessa did a really good job in this episode. I believed her speech and she did a really good job of conveying her feelings to the audience.

Writing this as I watch is such a horrible idea. I have no idea what I’m talking about. My sentences are all over the place.

OMG Chuck’s doppelganger is hilarious.

Wow major developments between Lilly and Rufus! I really never thought I cared about them very much but again I must say that I think I care about them getting together more than the younger people!

Oooh burn! Jenny fucked up. This will undoubtedly put Nate and Vanessa closer and –and I was right because they are kissing right now.

And Bart is dead. Bum bum bum!

Ok so this whole writing about this show as I watch it is a bad idea. Sorry that that whole spiel made no sense. Anyways so for a sum up of my thoughts on the episode; Really strong episode. Serena and Aaron are boring and annoying right now as is Dan. However the Nate/Jenny/Vanessa event was entertaining in a way that ended Nate and Jenny (Thank the Lord) and also made for some great confrontations. While the whole Vanessa’s dress in the spotlight event was well done and effective, I felt it was a little overblown for what it was. Jenny is going back to school and hopefully will get into some shenanigans. Jessica Szohr, while I don’t like Vanessa, she did a great job in this episode. The Blair and Chuck stuff was fantastic. Things were about to move forward between the two of them but alas…Bart. The scene with Chuck and Lilly at the end was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. My favorite parts of the episode were those with Lilly and Rufus, a couple who I never really cared for at all at the beginning but have really grown to care about as time has gone on. Their scenes together were some of the best of the season, arguably the best. Next week looks to be a great one. I hear that Ed Westwick pulls out a whopper of a performance. Here’s hoping. Till next week. Xoxo.

No comments: